
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
The 1ST semester of my FINAL year has begun...
(that is, of course, IF i manage to pass all my modules. As it is, i'm already going to take an extra module this sem and next)
I'm taking SIX modules again this sem. I know i did 6 last sem too and FAILED one -- CS3240 Computer Graphics. It's not advisable. But i don't wanna "stay back" another sem. But the good thing is: My 6th module this sem, is a 2mc one and the course duration is only 6 weeks! Bad thing: whole module graded on PROGRAMMING Ex & Exam, C++.
My favourite module this sem, the one i'm enjoying most now, is... Understanding the Universe. I love astronomy!!! I love STARS!!!! (NB: astronomy != astrology). When i was much younger, i wanted to be an astronaut!!! A few years later, i thought maybe it is astronomer that i wanted to be (i didnt know this kinda scientist exist earlier).
so anyway, during the introductory lecture, the lecturer was telling alot about herself. then she said something like this:
"For there to be life, there must be Earth. For there to be Earth, there must be a Solar System. For there to be a Solar System, there must be a Universe! That is why I wanted to study about the Universe. I wanted to find the meaning to LIFE."
my response to that was "O..K.."
And then she went on to talk about the Universe: that Earth is just one of the 9 planets, that the planets together with (about) 400 billion (!!!) stars make up the Milky Way Galaxy, that Milky Way is just one of the MANY galaxies....... and the more i learn, the more i am in wonder of God's magnificent creation!
Gives You praise evermore
The stars will light the sky for You
Always, God be praised
And we sing "The Lord is on high! The Lord is on high!"
I adore You, I adore You
And there's none that compares
To Your majesty O Lord
I adore You, I adore You
And I stand in wonder of Your love